New VIX Image ET9x00 - v2.3
07/12/2011 - Open ViX 2.3
From VIX Team Enigma:
07-12-2011. Enigma Plugins:
07-12-2011. GCC Version:
4.4.4. Kernel Version:
2011-11-05. This image requires the latest bootloader (attached to this post) to be flashed. This is because Xtrend have changed the way the drivers work. So, before updating your image, you will need to first flash the bootloader, then flash the new image. Flashing of new bootloader only takes a few seconds, so once flashing's completed, then just turn off the box, transfer the new image to the usb stick, and flash with that. Also, it is recommended to NOT use older images with this new boot loader, as this may result in a bricked box. Because of a lot of changes behind the scenes of the image and building, you will not be able to perform an online update. A full flash is required for this version of ViX image.
This revision of the image has undergone many different builds, hours and hours of coding/fixing, and we hope that you are now happy to reflash with the latest ViX image! Team ViX Enchancements New Features Updated to kernel 3.1.0
- This new kernel is much faster and better than the previous kernel, and finally you all get to test it if you held off updating to other images. If you did update, you can finally come back to the ViX image VFD Icons fully working
- Unique to the ViX image
. The VFD icons on the front of the box are working correctly how the manufacturer intended them. Seperate icons for Timeshift (rather than using the recording icon), Sat icons, LAN icon, USB icon and HDD icons, all working perfectly. View the pictures below to see what they look like. Added items to the Information Screen
- Added Devices
and System Information
to Menu -> Information
. In Devices, you get all the information about connected devices on your box (HDD, USB and Network Shares), and System Information will show you your memory on your box (Swap, Free memory etc). See screenshots below for more information. Added OSD Settings
- This replaces the overscan option within the ViX image. Go to Menu -> Setup -> System -> OSD -> OSD Setup
, and ensure the screen fills your TV set exactly to ensure that all menu options are shown correctly for your TV. Updated Blindscan
- Now, ET9000 and Vu+ Uno both have blindscan ability incorporated in to the image. And, best of all, a nice simple scan routine for it. You can choose to scan all horizontal and vertical polaritys, as well as high and low bands all in one pass. Save having to run the blind scan for each individually :thumsbup:. Added support for HDMI-CEC
- This image now allows you to control your box using your tv remote. Remember, this is still experimental at the moment, and can work differently between different brands of TV makes/models. Added uShare
- Allow the box to be detected by your DLNA devices that support this protocol. This can be configured under Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> uShare Setup
. Added MiniDLNA
- Same as uShare, but some people were having problems with uShare, so we have added a different version for people to use. Added AFP
- The Apple Fileshare Protocol
makes it easy for your OSX devices to find your box and use the box natively within the OS. This can be configured from Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> AFP Setup
. Added EPG Automatic Refresh
- This is useful for members who keep a single EPG datasource on a network share with multiple boxes. In Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> Settings
, you have the option to choose a network location (as long as configured within the Mount Manager
). If you use this, you might want to update the EPG data from this location automatically. So now you can using the Automatic Refresh
option. Added Automounts option
- This allows the box to automatically recreate network mounts. If you've had times where the NFS of CIFS server has been restarted, or lost power etc, then you'll know that your box cannot access this network share. Well, as long as you have configured the share through the Mount Manager
, then you can configure the Automount to automatically remount the share as often as you like by going to Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Devices -> MountManager
. Default Skin Change
- The Default skin has been changed from ViX HD
to ViX Night HD
. This is a new ViX skin that has been developed for those who want a darker skin for their image. See the screenshots below for comparisons between the two. If you prefer the old ViX skin, it can still be downloaded from the download server, and is now called ViX Day HD
. Please report any skin issues you may find with the ViX Night HD skin. We think we have them all covered, but can't be too sure... Many plugins translated/made translatable
- Allows the plugins to display correctly the information in your own language (as defined on original setup). Deleted a number of plugins
- Due to the "war on licences", a number of plugins whose license has changed, has been reverted to the non-licensed version of the plugin, or had to be removed from the image indefinitely. Added seekbar functionality to the image
- Allow you to seek within a recording playback to where you would like to be within the playback. To utilise this, please hold down the << or >> buttons on your remote, and the seekbar will appear at the top. Use the arrow keys on the remote to choose where you would like to seek to in the playback, and press OK to start playback from this point. Added Image Download to Image Manager
- This allows you to download the latest full image from the server, and flash it to your box (Vu Only). To access this, go to the Image Manager from with ViX menu, and press the help button. This will list all available images to download. Added playback support for FLV files
- Now you can add FLV files to your recordings drive and play them natively within the system. Lots more under the hood updates/enhancements
- A few menu options and screens have become more integrated to their respective menus. For example, the Recording Paths
menu is no longer required, as Timeshift Path is defined in Timeshift Setup, and Recording Path in Recording Setup. Fixes
Tweaked SoftCam manager.
Corrected a number of plugins.
Updated network components, including better support for WiFi.
Updated translatability; updated German & Dutch translations.
Hidden several ViX-core functions from the plugin-browser.
Better handling of SWAP partitions by the Mount Manager.
Tweaked TimeShift Code.
Remove SD/HD split from ChannelSelection as it was buggy.
Magic skin updates
MenuSort fix. Button Mappings Short Red**[/b] & ***[/b] - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG). Long Red***[/b] - Show current event. Short Green**[/b] & ***[/b] - Timers. Long Green***[/b] - AutoTimer Timers. Short Yellow***[/b] - EPG Search. Long Yellow***[/b] - IMDB Database. Short Blue - Extensions. Long Blue***[/b] - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
- Opens ViX QuickEPG.
- Opens ViX QuickEPG.
- Open Full Screen Channel List.
- Open Simple TV List.
- Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List. ** Can be changed in ViX Menu *** Can be turned off in ViX Menu Known BugsSpecial Thanks
- rytec - for his continued support.
- zoka.cc for his Picon sets
- Coolman and all other developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
- All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image and DTT working
If anyone is interested in doing any translation work for the plugins and the image itself, please contact either Andy of Sicilian... Screenshots
Seekbar: Download ET9x00Download ET5x00