New VIX Image Vu+ Uno - v2.3 19/11/2011 - Open ViX 2.3 From VIX Team Enigma:
18-11-2011. Enigma Plugins:
18-11-2011. GCC Version:
4.4.4. Kernel Version:
2011-11-14. Because of a lot of changes behind the scenes of the image and building, you will not be able to perform an online update. A full flash is required for this version of ViX image. Due to many changes (a.o. renamed settings) it is strongly advised NOT to restore old settings. Of course channel-settings can be backed up using a setting editor and restored later. We strongly recommend that after installing channel settings from feeds or uploading your own that you re-scan all satellites used to avoid any future issues.
This revision of the image has undergone many different builds, hours and hours of coding/fixing, and we hope that you are now happy to reflash with the latest ViX image! Team ViX Enchancements New Features Added items to the Information Screen
- Added Devices
and System Information
to Menu -> Information
. In Devices, you get all the information about connected devices on your box (HDD, USB and Network Shares), and System Information will show you your memory on your box (Swap, Free memory etc). Added OSD Settings
- This replaces the overscan option within the ViX image. Go to Menu -> Setup -> System -> OSD -> OSD Setup
, and ensure the screen fills your TV set exactly to ensure that all menu options are shown correctly for your TV. Added blindscan
- Now, ET9000 and Vu+ Uno both have blindscan ability incorporated in to the image. And, best of all, a nice simple scan routine for it. You can choose to scan all horizontal and vertical polaritys, as well as high and low bands all in one pass. Save having to run the blind scan for each individually :thumsbup:. Added support for HDMI-CEC
- This image now allows you to control your box using your tv remote. Remember, this is still experimental at the moment, and can work differently between different brands of TV makes/models. Added uShare
- Allow the box to be detected by your DLNA devices that support this protocol. This can be configured under Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> uShare Setup
. Added AFP
- The Apple Fileshare Protocol
makes it easy for your OSX devices to find your box and use the box natively within the OS. This can be configured from Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> AFP Setup
. Added EPG Automatic Refresh/Save
- These are useful for members who keep a single EPG datasource on a network share with multiple boxes. In Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> Settings
, you have the option to choose a network location (as long as configured within the NetworkBrowser
). If you use this, you might want to update the EPG data from this location automatically. So now you can using the Automatic Refresh
option on a client box, and Setup the Automatic Save
option on a server box (the box that update the epg data.). Do not use these options both on same box. Added Automounts option
- This allows the box to automatically recreate network mounts. If you've had times where the NFS of CIFS server has been restarted, or lost power etc, then you'll know that your box cannot access this network share. Well, as long as you have configured the share through the Mount Manager
, then you can configure the Automount to automatically remount the share as often as you like by going to Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Devices -> MountManager
. Default Skin Change
- The Default skin has been changed from ViX HD
to ViX Day HD
. Another ViX skin has been developed for download from the plugin server under the ViX
section, called ViX Night HD
. This is for those who want a darker skin for their image. Please report any skin issues you may find with the ViX Night HD skin. We think we have them all covered, but can't be too sure... Many plugins translated/made translatable
- Allows the plugins to display correctly the information in your own language (as defined on original setup). Added seekbar functionality to the image
- Allow you to seek within a recording playback to where you would like to be within the playback. To utilise this, please hold down the << or >> buttons on your remote, and the seekbar will appear at the top. Use the arrow keys on the remote to choose where you would like to seek to in the playback, and press OK to start playback from this point. Added Image Download to Image Manager
- This allows you to download the latest full image from the server, and flash it to your box. To access this, go to the Image Manager from with ViX menu, and press the help button. This will list all available images to download. Lots more under the hood updates/enhancements
- A few menu options and screens have become more integrated to their respective menus. For example, the Recording Paths
menu is no longer required, as Timeshift Path is defined in Timeshift Setup, and Recording Path in Recording Setup. Fixes
Corrected a number of plugins.
Updated network components, including better support for WiFi.
Updated translatability; updated German & Dutch translations.
Hidden several ViX-core functions from the plugin-browser.
Better handling of SWAP partitions by the Mount Manager.
Audio Button - The audio button now works as advertised. Button Mappings Short Red ** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG). Long Red*** - Show current event. Short Green** & *** - Timers. Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers. Short Yellow*** - EPG Search. Long Yellow*** - IMDB Database. Short Blue - Extensions. Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
- Opens ViX QuickEPG.
- Opens ViX QuickEPG.
- Open Full Screen Channel List.
- Open Simple TV List.
- Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List. ** Can be changed in ViX Menu *** Can be turned off in ViX Menu Known Bugs
- When using timeshift and a recording starts to take place, then you will not get a REC icon on the VFD.
- rytec - for his continued support.
- zoka.cc for his Picon sets
- all developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
- All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image working.
- 'Rob van der Does' & 'belierzz' for their translation work.
- Silverfox0786 for channel settings and picons.